1. The ice bucket has its time and place, but for convenient, mess-free, at-home wine chilling, the iceless wine chiller has no rival. Electric wine chillers will quickly chill a single bottle to your specified pre-set temperature or maintain the temperature of an opened bottle.
2. A single-bottle wine chiller isn't an "instant" wine chiller. Thorough chilling takes 30 minutes or less. Instant wine chillers are frozen, stainless steel tubes that attach to the end of a wine bottle and chill as you pour, which isn't very effective for white wines (and kinda seems like something Christopher Walken's character on "Saturday Night Live"'s "The Continental" sketches would do).
3. One of the best Waring Pro wine chiller features is their built-in library of pre-set wine temperatures. The library is an internal database of 33 temperatures for red and white wines and champagne, listed by wine and temperature, e.g. Pinot Grigio 48°F. The blue backlit LCD display shows both current and preset temps.
4. The Koolatron wine chiller is a best-seller and customer favorite that can chill a single bottle to 40°F in 30 minutes or less. A great Koolatron feature for big-city commuters and dinner guests is the 12V car adapter, so you can chill white wine before you arrive.
5. Vinotemp wine chillers are widely regarded as the best wine chillers in the business. Temperature range is one of our favorite Vinotemp wine chiller (and warmer) features - anywhere from 37°F to 122°F. The high-end temperatures are great for serving warm cider or hot sake.