Sale Price: $399.00
Shop our Top Brands
10 Quick Tips for Wine Cooler Refrigerators
1. Wine cooler refrigerators are designed for short-term storage, making them ideal for keeping handy the wines you plan to drink within a few months. If you rarely keep more than 10 or 12 bottles at a time, countertop wine coolers should provide adequate bottle capacity.
2. Wine cooler refrigerators are a popular choice among beginning collectors, as well as aficionados looking for supplemental storage. As a beginner, choose one based on bottle capacity, zone, and brand. The Avanti, Haier, and Danby refrigerator brands are excellent for beginners.
3. If you plan to store wine for longer periods of time, we recommend outfitting your cooler with a hygrometer to monitor humidity level. Refrigeration tends to lower humidity, which can dry out corks if left unchecked.
4. Buy big. Most collectors find that their collection grows quickly and that they've underestimated the bottle capacity they require. Free standing wine coolers provide the greatest bottle capacity. Built-in wine coolers are an affordable, medium-sized alternative.
5. Expect to find most with chrome/wire racks and wood racks. Generally speaking, coolers of higher quality are fitted with wood or aluminum racks, including cabinets with solid wood exteriors. Browse our selection of Vinotemp to see some exceptionally beautiful examples of cabinet-style wood storage.
6. Slide-out shelving is a convenient feature that makes restocking your wine refrigerator much easier.
7. If you'd like to store both red and white wines in the same wine cooler, we offer a variety of dual-zone refrigerators designed for this purpose. Beginners may prefer single-zone for chilling whites. For more specialized collections, we offer triple-zone coolers.
8. Consider how visible this unit will be before you buy. There's no sense paying a premium for a nice-looking option if you plan to keep it in the garage and out of sight. On the other hand, if you plan to have it on display, presentation is worth a premium.
9. Love Champagne? When checking the bottle capacity of our wine refrigerators, look for options that can accommodate magnum bottles. These will fit slots that are 3.75 inches wide. Standard slots measure 3.25-3.5 inches wide.
10. Four keys to successful storage are: constant temperature between 55 and 57 degrees F, humidity levels between 50 and 70 percent, darkness to prevent damage from fluorescent and ultra-violet light, and a stable environment free from agitation to preserve flavor and bouquet.
Wine Cooler Refrigerators